The final event in the 2017 series is taking place on Sunday, 27 August at Hector Norris Park – yes, a road race on a track.
The series finale includes a prize giving for each race category, to be done shortly after each race has concluded. Prizes will be awarded to the top 5 positions in each category (providing there are a minimum of 5 people entered into the category.
Being women’s month, free entries for all ladies participating. All other entries will be R50 to enter, R50 for your number refunded on return of number. R10 parking fee per car
No online entries – only line entries. <— added 23/08/2017
The format for every race will be 10 minutes at an average speed of 40km/h, then everybody will be in contention for the race. This does not apply to the kiddies race.
- 08:00 Registration (closes 15 mins before each race).
- 09:00 Open men <50 yrs… 20 min + 1 lap
- 09:30 Open Ladies and 50+… 20 min + 1 lap
- 10:00 Kiddies… 10 min + 1 lap
- 10:15 Youth age groups… 20 min + 1 lap
- 10:40 Vets 50+ and lic. ladies… 20 min + 1 lap might be split on the day
- 11:15 Vets 30-49… 30 min + 1 lap might be split on the day
- 11:50 Invitation Track (demonstration)
- 12:15 Elite/U23 and Juniors 45 min + 1 lap might be split on the day
- 13:00 final prize giving (13:15 latest).
Current Series Standings
The current standings can be downloaded here.
Queries for the results can be checked at registration on Sunday, as we are aware of a few discrepencies.